About Me

My photo
Dundee / Ayr, United Kingdom
Graphic Design, Photography, Design, Freelance. 3rd Year Graphic Design, Duncan of Jordanstone College Of Art and Design

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Assignment 4C

On completion of Assignment 4A & 4B we were subsequently asked to think about what our next steps would be to further our research. When thinking about celebrity endorsements I believe that it would very interesting to carry out some of my own primary research into the subject. As much as I think the journals were accurate, I still think that talking to individual people may bring up a broader, more interesting range of responses rather than simply looking at statistics. I believe that the public’s opinion will differ from person to person, rather than simply being split down the middle.

In terms of celebrity endorsements I believe that certain people will be more affected than others. I used the example of David Beckham’s Sharpie adverts before as I believe that even though it seemed that they were simply feeding off his popularity; they did manage to raise their own profile dramatically, I for one didn’t know about them before hand but I do own a set of pens now. I didn’t feel like this was directly because of this but subconsciously it must have had some impact.

I would like to carry out a survey to find out, in advertising, what the general public’s persuasion was towards more: celebrities or created spokes persons. I would like to ask members of the public chosen completely at random a set of quick answer questions.

Questions that could be asked:
• Name the first advert that comes into your mind?
• Does this involve a celebrity or spokesperson Y/N?
• Why is this advert memorable?
• (Remind them of an example of an advert with a celebrity) What are they selling?
• (Name a product) What celebrity endorses this?
• What type of adverts to they like?
• What type of adverts do they not like?
• Do you feel affected by advertising?
• Do you enjoy looking at advertising Y/N?
• Why (if Y/N)?
• Who’s your favorite celebrity? Do they endorse any products? Do you buy them because of this celebrity?

I believe that after conducting this survey I will have a better, or more personal view of how celebrities affect advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment