About Me

My photo
Dundee / Ayr, United Kingdom
Graphic Design, Photography, Design, Freelance. 3rd Year Graphic Design, Duncan of Jordanstone College Of Art and Design

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Gherkin?


So.... gherkins. Is there anything nice you can say about them?

Probably not. But once again I have felt the wrath of the lucky dip. For this brief I have to research and compile a sketchbook to do with these scrumptious little ugly things, that nobody that I have met so far likes. Except from my girlfriend.....of course.

Much like the last brief that we were set, which was on materials, which
I drew polystyrene (oh yes the gherkin of the material world) I was grasping at straws for information. That was until the Gherkin building came to mind. Designed by Lord Foster, I've never really appreciated what an amazing building it actually is. Admittedly architecture seems to pass me by at times but after looking into Foster+Partners and at their website www.fosterandpartners.com I began to appreciate how wide their area of design is.

So I managed to find something good to say about gherkins, just don't try and make me eat one!

No comments:

Post a Comment