About Me

My photo
Dundee / Ayr, United Kingdom
Graphic Design, Photography, Design, Freelance. 3rd Year Graphic Design, Duncan of Jordanstone College Of Art and Design

Wednesday 14 October 2009

Jamster


Like me I'm sure many of you have been irritated greatly over the past few years by the painfully annoying revelation that has been television ring tone adverts by the likes of Jamster. However I don't see how these companies can continue to operate with the amount of relentless advertising that they do as god knows who buys their products? With tariffs like "join now for only £4.50 per week" for this luxury screen saver, I don't imagine many people see that and think what a great investment.

Jamster did have great success a few years ago with the crazy frog phenomenon that some how managed to spawned not 1, not 2 but 3 albums! But I just don't see where a constant string of customers is still coming from since then that would lead them to believe that selling ring tones, wallpapers etc. will still make money. Young children is the likely target market although I doubt any parent in their right mind would fund anything this ridiculously obscene. Or maybe there is a group of 40 somethings that huddle around the water cooler and compare Love-O-Meters and Speed Gage wallpapers.

I imagine that their repetitive pointless adverts would put off potential customers rather than endear them to the company but who knows.

That's just my completely unbiased opinion...

No comments:

Post a Comment