About Me

My photo
Dundee / Ayr, United Kingdom
Graphic Design, Photography, Design, Freelance. 3rd Year Graphic Design, Duncan of Jordanstone College Of Art and Design

Wednesday 11 November 2009

Twittered or Tweeted


You may remember a similar post I made not too long ago regarding opening a new flickr account. Well this months social network set to baffle me is Twitter.

I've put off getting Twitter for months as it gained popularity as I think I expected it to fade away as another unnecessary social networking site. However its continued to grow through out the past year so I assumed now was as good a time as ever to broaden my area of contact. I made my account the other day and I think that perhaps I was right in my stance against Twitter. It seems to be a bit vain in my opinion to constantly want people to know what your doing at all times. Who really wants to know if you've just eat a particularly good orange?

This may still be my opinion as I haven't quite found my feet yet. It all seems to be a bit alien to me still, one of the things that confused me was the language used. Apparently women tweet and men twitter. I do see its use in a business sense but don't really see what it offers that a blog doesn't.

As much as I'm cynical about it, I really do want to be proven wrong and see it in the same way that millions of others do as many people have said its a really useful tool to have at your disposal.

Twitter. Prove me wrong.
http://twitter.com/ste69en

No comments:

Post a Comment