About Me

My photo
Dundee / Ayr, United Kingdom
Graphic Design, Photography, Design, Freelance. 3rd Year Graphic Design, Duncan of Jordanstone College Of Art and Design

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Futuristic Strawberries


This post may possibly relates to the last post in some sense. Today I was drawing up plans for an A2 broadsheet that i'm producing on strawberries. I have been researching them in some length for the last couple of week and have found out some pretty useful information. My main focus will be on white strawberries.

I am quite aware that a lot of people will not have come into contact with these, and I feel that I would be right in saying that most people would not ever choose to eat what looks like an unripened strawberry over the normal red ones that are so popular. It can be quite common for people to be allergic to strawberries however unlike the red, the white strawberry lacks the Fra a1 protein that causes these allergies. My spin will be on would people still be as attracted to strawberry should they lose their red colour for a more allergy friendly white or are we drawn to the aesthetic qualities of our food such as the romantic red heart shape?

While planning the layout for this piece I came up with the image of a red strawberry looking at a white reflection in the mirror. I contemplated drawing this image but instead went to the computer lab and within 10 minutes had a finished piece. This got me thinking about the speed of the modern industry and, like I said in the last blog, that we are now in the golden age where everything is at our finger tips. Nothing is ever more than 10 minutes away from idea to hard copy. From my view as a Graphic Designer this is a dream come true as it means that we are never unable to put our point across and now in a way that people can instantly see.

No comments:

Post a Comment